Thursday, July 7, 2011

Canter's French Dip

Canter's - 419 N Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tastebikebike
Presentationbikebikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebike
withandw/outflash
This is day two of my Canters luncheon exposé. The previous day I had their signature pastrami and today it’s the French Dip. The sandwich came on one of the best looking rolls I have ever seen. I split screen the sandwich with and without the flash so you can get a glimpse of the colors and textures. The sandwich was big and meaty in both flavor and appearance. Unfortunately it was as tough as a catcher’s mitt. Roast Beef when cooked quick and sliced think can be a tough cut of cow. It takes low and slow heat to breakdown the fats that make it tender. Canters didn’t get the memo. Or perhaps they did. I noticed a few other customers ordering it too. I must say there is something primitively redeeming about tearing into a big hunk-o-meat. But for all intensive purposes, I still prefer me French Dips tender and juicy.
extcloseupdipcup

No comments:

Post a Comment