Sunday, July 10, 2011

Daikokuya - Ramen Special

Daikokuya - Ramen Combo - 327 E 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Daikokuya Ramen
Daikokuya is thee L.A. hotspot when it comes to Ramen. For those who don’t know, real Japanese Ramen is so much more than those 10 cent packages that you get at the supermarket. Real Japanese Ramen is a giant bowl full of flavor, goodness, and culinary surprises. While Daikokuya’s popularity comes at the price of waiting 30-40 minutes for a table, once you’re in there’s no better feeling. Unlike Pho soup which has a clear broth, Ramen soups are very rich and extremely filling. Loaded with al dente noodles, green onion, slices of pork belly and a whole boiled egg, Daikokuya filled me up fast. One great surprise was the fried rice that came with my combo. While it was totally unnecessary, it turned out to one of the best fried rices I have ever had. The giant bowl of soup sloshing around in my stomach induced me into one of the more major food comas that I have been in recent memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment