Friday, July 8, 2011

D.K.'s Donuts - Breakfast Burrito

D.K.s Donuts – 1614 Santa Monica Boulevard. Santa Monica, CA 90404 (Santa Monica and 16th)
Tastebikebike
Presentationbikebike
Atmospherebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebike
dksbb
D.K.’s is a great donut shop, but I wasn’t expecting a great breakfast burrito. And while it wasn’t necessarily out of this world, it was very unique as far as breakfast burritos go. When I ordered it and they grabbed a burrito wrapped in plastic off a rack and threw it in the microwave, they were already fighting an uphill battle as far as my judgment was concerned. When they asked if I wanted hot sauce, and gave me a couple of hot sauces in catsup packets, at that point I really wasn’t surprised. When it came to eating it, the first thing I noticed after a couple bites was the egg. It was not scrambled but rather over medium/hard. There were bites with all yolk and other bites with all egg white. This really didn’t do it for me. The second thing I noticed was while they added potato in the burrito as many places do, these potatoes were of the preformed deep fried hash brown variety. It was unique because they must have thrown it into the fryer that they fry the donuts in. Every bite had a sweetness or donutty added grease. Despite it’s non-freshness, non-scrambled eggs, and hot sauce packets, overall it was not too shabby especially with its sweet flavored grease rather than your standard grease flavored grease.
dksdonutscloseup

No comments:

Post a Comment