Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Portillo's Chili Cheese Dog

Portillo’s - 8390 La Palma Ave. Buena Park, CA 9062
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebike
chilicheesedog
I was doing one of my least favorite things to do in L.A., driving. I was working the day delivering cameras down to Angel’s Stadium for the All Star Game. On the plus side there’s a Portillo’s on the way just off the 5 in Buena Park. Portillo’s is a beloved eatery in Chicago that started with one little shack and grew into an empire that has stretched all the way for my luck, Buena Park. To sum it up, everything on their menu is great including the chilidog. They have no weaknesses. They’re like the 85 Bears of eateries. They use real chili, not like that soupy ‘condiment style’ variety I get all too often on other chilidogs. The dog was high quality, which was a little bigger than the bun (which is a good thing). As I am typing and looking at the picture, I am getting hungry and wishing I had another one. After I made my deliveries in Anaheim I returned to Portillo’s for a signature beef and cheddar on a croissant. I know…I have a problem. Did I mention that I had a burger with the chilidog? Yes, it’s true, I am becoming a big fat dynamo. But it’s so good I can’t help it!!
portillosbeefandcheddarburger

No comments:

Post a Comment