Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fromin's Pastrami

Fromins Deli - 1832 Wilshire Blvd. Santa Monica, CA 90403 (18th and Wilshire)
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebike
pastrami
The matzo ball soup is hearty, the knishes are delicious and the pastrami sandwich is second to none at Fromin’s. I ordered the pastrami ‘sky high‘ which I believe means more pastrami but also a layer of coleslaw. I am not the authority on pastrami sandwiches but I think that is called a ‘Rachel‘. Whatever it was called, it was good. The decision to put the coleslaw in the middle of the sandwich was a smart one. Every bite delivered a combination of delicious warm salty pastrami and cool crisp cole slaw. Going with potato salad was an intelligent decision on my behalf, since I already had some coleslaw in the sandwich. Everything was coming up roses at Fromin’s.
closeupint

No comments:

Post a Comment