Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hole in the Wall Burger

Hole in the Wall Burger - 11058 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebikebike
cheeseburger
checklistAfter searching other food blogs for a good burger, someone mentioned Hole in the Wall Burger. I searched google maps and discovered that it was located on the corner of Sepulveda and Santa Monica Blvd. After riding by and searching the area I could not find it, and figured that it went out of business. A closer search on google maps showed that the Hole in the Wall Burger is literally a hole in the wall behind the Winchell’s Donuts on the south east corner of the intersection. After a second try, my friend closeupand I found it. The menu is checklist style like at The Counter but not as extensive. I went with the beef burger on brioche with your standard veggies, cheddar, bacon, and mayo  chipotle. I was having a little burger envy since my friend went with a burger on a pretzel bun. However, the brioche, despite its glossy exterior has a soft spongy interior which is great for holding all the juices, all the flavors, all the grease right in the burger. The Burger had the perfect balance of toppings to beef to bun ratio, for in which I suppose I can take part of the credit. Hole in the Wall has the best of both worlds, a high class burger at a tiny little stand. This burger would be twice as much if it were at a full service restaurant and not in a hole in the wall. Next time I may go with the pretzel bun and possibly the pepper jack and ranch dressing, I just don’t know. I do know when you factor in everything that I rate during a dining experience, Hole in the Wall is perfect across the board.
holeinthewallburgerdiningareapretzelburger

No comments:

Post a Comment