Thursday, July 7, 2011

Johnnie's Pastrami

Johnnie’s Pastrami - 4017 Sepulveda Blvd. Culver City, CA 90230
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebikebike

The flashing neon sign that says 'French Dip Pastrami' is an instant draw. Once seated, you’re served up a complementary cup of pickles, which are very good I must add. I was instantly confused when I didn’t see French Dip on the menu. The waitress informed me that their signature dish, the Hot Pastrami is made French-Dip style in their ‘specialty prepared sauce’, which I assume is a pan full of greasy succulence. I was curious because if they did indeed dip the sandwich why wasn’t it soggy? To the contrary, the exterior of the roll had a delicate yet nice crunch. But it still had the radiant sheen of a fully dipped sandwich. The pastrami in the roll is not like the traditional sliced pastrami on rye and in my experience can be very hit or miss. This pastrami was a hit, dead on. The only setback is that the sandwich does not come with any potato salad or coleslaw, which I almost expect when paying top dollar at one of the cities premier pastrami properties. It was top of the line in flavor none-the-less. I can’t wait to return to try some of their other offerings.

No comments:

Post a Comment