Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Twin Castle Burger

Twin Castle - 4400 Vineland Ave. North Hollywood, CA 91602 (Moorpark and Vineland)
Tastebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebike
Atmospherebike
Servicebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebikebike
baconcheeseburger
twincastleThings started a bit dicey at the Twin Castle in Studio City. I was disappointed when I realized the Twin Castle was in no way related to the beloved Midwest and East Coast eatery White Castle. My discontent turned to concern when I saw the cook throw three patties on the grill, two that looked fresh, and one that appeared a bit grey. Hoping that the grey burger would not find the receiving end of my bun I carefully watched the cook shuffling and flipping the burgers as if we were playing a game of three card monte. In reality it was more like dinner Russian Roulette. When the order was ready the burger looked good, smelled fine, and in a sigh of relief, tasted very good. I’m not sure if I got the grey burger or not. I guess I’ll never know, but I suppose if I did I can take comfort in the fact that the patty was fully cooked and hell, it was fresh at one point in time. I decided to get bacon on my cheeseburger because I was feeling a bit festive which was a good call. The bacon added new levels of grease texture and flavor that really brought the whole meal together. The Twin Castle dining experience went from disappointed to concerned to relieved to surprised and ultimately satisfied. What a roller coaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment