Friday, July 8, 2011

Highland Donuts - Breakfast Burritos

Highland Donuts - 1770 N Highland Ave # D, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Highland and Yucca)
Tastebike
Presentationbikebikebike
Atmospherebike
Servicebikebike
Valuebike
GreaseFactorbikebike
breakfastburrito
I was working at the Kodak Theatre for the week therefor I wanted to check out as many of the nearby restaurants as I could. Being across the street from the Kodak, Highland Doughnut is the kind of place I had in mind. A doughnut shop in the morning and Chinese food after noon is kind of a bizarre marriage. The breakfast burrito had traces and flavors of the east. Perhaps, they were cooking up a batch of kung-pao to prep for the lunch rush and received an order for one breakfast burrito. They finished the kung-pao, dumped it into a tray and cooked up my burrito in the kung-pao wok. This of course is a speculation on the grounds that my breakfast burrito tasted kind of Chinesey. It was not of low quality just not my cup of tea. Now don’t get me wrong, I love fusion cooking, I’ll be the first guy to chase down that Thai taco truck. However, when you cross breakfast with burrito, and then throw in some Asian influence, it has lost its way because there is way too much going on.
outsideinsidecloseup

No comments:

Post a Comment