Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Umami Burger

Umami Burger - The Umami Burger - 12159 Ventura Blvd Studio City, CA 91604
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebike
umamiburger
As an upstart food blogger it is a bit tough reviewing the most critically acclaimed burger in L.A. Part of me wants to go against the grain and pan the burger just to stir up some controversy. But alas I cannot. Bowing down to the gastronomic trends and succumbing to its popularity, I too love this burger as much as the masses. It is the most identifiably flavorful burger I have ever had. I never thought I would be praising catchup, but Umami’s version transcends your standard Heinz 57. And the Parmesan disk adds great flavor, texture, and fanciness too. Not to mention the actual burger that’s seared on a round flattop, and served up on brioche. Delicious! Fantastic sides are a plus as well. I’ve heard people rag on Umami for being too small in size. Others think it is perfectly proportioned. I suppose it is a matter of preference. I am usually all about gluttonous burgers but sometimes you have to penny-up for a super fancy gourmet dining experience.
sidesunderthebunflattop

No comments:

Post a Comment