Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jerry's Deli - French Dip

Jerry’s Deli - 10925 Weyburn Ave. Westwood, Ca 90024
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebike
Atmospherebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebikebike
frechdipext
juiceThe Jerry’s Deli menu had everything from falafel sandwiches to pizza to pastrami’s and French dips. I was very concerned of the wide variety. Usually a big menu means that the restaurant can do many things okay, but nothing great. I stood corrected, or rather sat corrected as I dipped into my sandwich. Jerry’s in general is a bit pricey, but the French Dip was bigger than the average. The fries were bland, the slaw was okay, but the juice was the greasiest I’ve ever dipped into. The beef was piled high and it was very tender and moist, and this is before I dipped it into the au jus. The au jus was one of the best I’ve had in recent memory. There were little pools of grease collecting on the surface of the cup. Big points from GreaseWeek! Jerry’s has a few locations, but the advantage of the one in Westwood is that Diddy Riese is right around the corner. $1.50 ice cream sandwiches are one of the rare deals still left in this town.
intcloseupdiddyreesediddyreese

No comments:

Post a Comment