Thursday, July 7, 2011

Canter's Pastrami

Canter's - 419 N Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebikebike
Valuebikebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebike
pastrami
I was working at CBS Beverly for the week which is just around the corner to the L.A. Deli institution Canters. So lunch for the next couple of days was a no brainer. Before you walk in Canters you can’t help but notice how big it is. It is an invariable pastrami compound. On the inside there are a handful of different dining rooms, bars, bakery and deli counters. CBS BeverlyYou really get a knack that Canter’s has been around for a while, and that’s just by getting a glimpse of the waitresses. As I was seated in my booth which was in the main dining room (I think), I was served a complimentary plate of pickles and a menu with a load of items. However I came to Canter's for what Canter's does best, the pastrami. The dining room is quite large and the ceiling was a fancy stained glass-like design. As for the pastrami, it was great, I can’t think of a pastrami sandwich that packed more pastrami goodness and flavor. It’s a bit pricey though. I suppose that stained glass ceiling is not going to pay for itself. I guess nowadays you can expect to pay plus ten, eleven, twelve dollars for a pastrami sandwich. That’s just how it is. At least it came with potato salad and pickles. And thank goodness it was as tasty as it was. Lately I’ve been on a Grease Week reviewing tear so the three block walk back to the studio was a tough one. Probably gonna have a salad tonight, cause I plan on returning tomorrow for the French Dip.
cantersextceilingcloseup

No comments:

Post a Comment