Thursday, July 7, 2011

Elite Cuisine - Pastrami

Elite Cuisine – 7117 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90036
Tastebike
Presentationbikebike
Atmospherebike
Servicebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbike
pastrami
Elite Cuisine is located off the corner of LaBrea and Beverly which can be considered the center of the Hasidic Jewish community in Los Angeles. Nowhere else in L.A. will you find men walking down the street with the fanciest of hats. Maybe in West Hollywood on Halloween, but that’s the exception. Since I was in the mix of Kosher country I thought I was in for some good pastrami. Boy was I wrong. Elite Cuisine was a franken-deli. Before I placed my order the server gave me a basket of chips and salsa? As I was eating my chips I was trying to determine the general theme of the dining room. It looked like a fifties diner with a touch of old lady decor (big wooden spoons and other knick-knacks). I also noticed they advertised sushi which is one of the most misplaced menu items that I have ever seen. 45 minutes later when my pastrami sandwich arrived it looked alright. However, biting into it caused more problems than the gristly meat. The bread crumbled through my fingers along with the hopes of having a decent lunch. The coleslaw was fine but I would have preferred the potato salad that I ordered. As the check came 20 minutes after I finished, I was kind of relieved that I did not get charged an arm and a leg, but in hindsight I should have gone with the spicy tuna roll.
ext intchipspastramicrumbssushi

No comments:

Post a Comment