Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Marty's Chili Cheese Dog

Marty’s - 10558 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 9006
chilicheesedog
It was a super windy day when I headed over to Marty’s for lunch. It was so windy I saw a man chasing a yamaka down Pico. Marty’s is just a little stand so outdoor eating is the only option. I went with a chili-cheese dog because it was that kind of day. Sheltering myself on the side of the restaurant, I started to chow down on my dog. Braving the wind turned out to be worth it because the dog was delicious. The chili was meaty and greasy, it was piled with diced onions, and the hot dog was surprisingly succulent. As I was finishing a gust blew away my paper placement, like that poor mans yamaka. Thankfully it slapped right up against a parking meter and I was able to corral it into the garbage. What a wild lunch!
It must be noted that Marty’s is home of the Combo, which is a hot dog butterflied and placed on a hamburger bun with chili and cheese. I found this out after I was done eating so it will have till wait next time....
marty's

No comments:

Post a Comment