Sunday, July 10, 2011

Phil's Place - Breakfast Burrito

Phil’s Place - 9418 Venice Blvd. Culver City, CA 90232
Tastebikebike
Presentationbike
Atmospherebikebike
Servicebikebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebike
breakfastburrito
closeupEgg lovers rejoice! A breakfast burrito for you has finally arrived. I cannot say that it was a bad breakfast burrito, but there was a noticeable imbalance of ingredients. Egg and more eggs is what I’m talking about. The cheese was delightfully greasy and the bacon was crisp but both were lacking. There were also no potatoes in the burrito. While some people shun starches like potatoes in their burritos, and think that they are merely filler, I believe if cooked right and distributed evenly that they are a vital part of a perfect breakfast burrito. Despite its egg heavy proportions the burrito was still okay, and the chips and salsa were good too. The same cannot be said about its appearance. It looked like someone shrunk wrapped my breakfast in a tortilla and served it up hot. The atmosphere was interesting. Nested under a billboard off Venice Blvd, which I am now convinced is the loudest street in the county, Phil’s is not a recommended place to take a first date. I actually stumbled across it on accident. I tried to get a good shot of the stand but an ambulance was obstructing my vantage. So I had to go with an alternate angle, which was pretty bad.
outside

No comments:

Post a Comment