Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fatburger - Burger

Fatburger – 7450 Santa Monica Blvd. West Hollywood, CA 90046 (Santa Monica and Vista)
Tastebikebikebikebike
Presentationbikebike
Atmospherebikebikebikebike
Servicebikebikebikebike
Valuebikebike
GreaseFactorbikebikebikebike
fatburger
I have somewhat of a history with the Fatburger on Vista and Santa Monica, in West Hollywood. I partook in the XXX Fatburger challenge where one has to eat a Triple King Burger (3 half pound patties). That day I ate a quad-Kingburger so my name would be on top of the list that they have posted on their wall. After that burger, the floodgates of grease and gluttony burst open. Later that week, someone ate a five patty, and then someone else took down a six patty one. I fought hard to retake my title by consuming the seven patty Kingburger that rendered me meat drunk. I held my record before some New Yorker took down an eight patty. fatburgerismSo I trained to take on the 9-patty king burger only to learn at the counter that a friend of mine ate one that morning just to mess with me. So I took down a 10-patty Kingburger. It was 5 pounds of meat, not to mention I made it a combo meal. It was the most painful and challenging thing that I have ever done in my life. I should note that I ran a Half Ironman the week before (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13 mile run) and the 10 Patty Kingburger made that triathlon look like a walk in the park.

vista/santamonicaTime has past and the record has ballooned to 16, a number I could never reach.
So as I sat in the Fatburger and ate my 5.3 oz burger, I thought to myself, ‘so this is what normal people eat’. Of course I asked them to put a fried egg on it, because I’m an American and I’ll do what I want. It’s nice to see that the staff is excited to see me come in thinking I’m going to beat the record. But I’m just an ordinary citizen again eating an extraordinary burger. The fried egg option was good for added grease, flavor, and texture. The burger is fantastic, and the first bite took me back to my competition days. It conjured thoughts of going for the 17 Patty Burger. Now I know why Jordan couldn’t stay retired, and why Evander Holyfield keeps getting back into the ring getting his brains turned into oatmeal. It’s all about pride, glory, and the thrill of the fight. In reality I know it is physically impossible goal to achieve a 17 Patty King Burger, therefor I am officially finished from all Fatburger eat-athons. I won’t be chasing any waterfalls, rather sticking to the rivers and lakes that I’m used to. It’s good to know that after all I’ve been through at the Fatburger that I am still able to think as highly as I do about their burgers. That speaks volumes in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment